The 2014 ICAP Summer School will be held the week before ICAP, July 28th to August 1st 2014, at the historic College of William and Mary in Williamsburg, Virginia.
The summer school is aimed at graduate students just starting their PhD, with the intention of surveying some of the most exciting areas in contemporary atomic physics. These lectures assume the students have completed one year’s worth of graduate level physics classes, but does not assume any topical knowledge of atomic physics. This year’s lecturers will be:
- Wolfgang Ketterle : Quantum gases
- Jeff Kimble : Quantum Optics
- Jean Dalibard : Light matter interactions
- Yvan Castin : Scattering properties of atomic gases
- Chris Greene : Few body physics with atomic systems
- Ana Maria Rey: Many body physics with atomic systems
Information for arriving/participating students can be found here:
Registration for the summer school is closed. The deadline for registration was June 27th.
Registration includes admission to all academic sessions, double occupancy lodging accommodations on campus, bed and bath linen, welcome reception, breakfast, breaks and lunch for the duration of the event and an excursion. You will also receive copies of all conference materials.