Six of the more than 460 poseters were awarded the Best Posters of ICAP 2014 prize. The poster prize was sponsored by Applied Physics B (Springer), Europhysics Letters (IOP Publishing) and the Joint Quantum Institute. The six winning posters presenters, listed below, were announced at the closing of the conference.
- Kevin Cox: (IOP publishing) Synchronization in Superradiant Lasers
- Or Katz: (IOP publishing) Coherent coupling of hybrid alkali vapor through spin-exchange collisions.
- Pei-Ling Luo: (IOP publishing) Precision frequency measurement of transitions between singlet states in atomic helium
- Justin Schultz: (IOP publishing) An analog of polarization in atom optics: a Raman waveplate to measure the Gouy phase in matter waves
- Adam Kaufman: (JQI) Atomic Hong-Ou-Mandel effect in tunnel-coupled optical tweezers.
- Emmi Ruokokovsky: (Springer Applied Physics B) Observation of Dirac Monopoles in a Synthetic Magnetic Field
There were three contributed poster sessions at the conference, on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, between 4pm and 6pm. The deadline for abstract submission was 30 May 2014. Registered posters were assigned a day and poster number three weeks before the meeting. Multiple posters for an author were allowed, space permitting.
The poster format is a maximum of 4 feet (1.2 m) wide and 4 feet (1.2 m) tall, which will accommodate standard A0 poster format. For each poster session, the posters must be removed by 10:15 am the following day to make room for the next poster session.
Abstract submission is now closed.